Monday, December 23, 2013

Delicious Salad

I know I haven't posted in awhile but I had to share a salad we had for lunch today. I love the superfood salad at whole foods. I made a similar version of that.
Greens (I used the green mix from sprouts)
Carrots cut into small sticks
Fresh blueberries
Pomegranate seeds
Cashews
Pepitas
Sunflower seeds
Avocado
Onion
Celery
Bell pepper
Blue cheese

Then I made a dressing with apple cider vinegar, oil, lemon, agave, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.

The salad was amazing. I plan on making it again very soon.

Then Taylor wanted me to share our pre-Christmas Christmas dinner. We got a charcoal grill as a gift so we made a whole chicken on the grill. Taylor butterflied it, added oil, salt, and pepper to the skin. We cooked it on the cool side of the grill for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Then you put it on the hot side for about another 10-15 minutes to get the skin crispy. We served it with a grilled vegetable pack with brussel sprouts, butternut squash, onion, asparagus, and bell pepper.

We have to eat good because delicious sweets are EVERYWHERE. Do all of you feel it to? I am surrounded all of the time by chocolate, cookies, candy, pie. It is everywhere. Not to mention my addiction to ice cream.....Tis the Season I guess. Have a great Christmas~!

No comments:

Post a Comment