Sunday, February 9, 2014

Blogging downer

It has been quite awhile since I have blogged. I haven't really been wanting to blog...so I haven't. After Christmas Taylor and I felt so gross from eating so much desserts and sweets that we decided to not eat any junk for the month of January. I can say we successfully went, pretty much, 5 weeks with no ICE CREAM, candy, cakes, cookies, chocolate chips etc etc. It really wasn't that bad. And we still did have sugar like a few clif bars, sugary cereal like cheerios but overall we both felt better and realized that by us not eating it we didn't want it nearly as much. Obviously we can't live our whole lives without sweets but since then we have had ice cream a couple of times and that's about it. So hopefully we can stay on the path of only eating sweets once in awhile.

That being said we have cooked a few good things since then. I made a frittata the other day which was really good, especially since I am still trying to come around to eggs. The frittata had 4 eggs mixed with a little bit of milk. Then I sauteed potatoes until browned then added onion, garlic, bell pepper, greens, zucchini, squash, bacon and basil and oregano. After those were cooked I added them to the whisked eggs and milk and also added cheese. I did bleu cheese, feta, and cheddar. Just a little bit of each. Mixed it all together and put it in a sprayed pie pan. Then topped it with tomato. I baked it at 350...or 375 I can't remember. For about 35 minutes. We ate it for dinner. It was really good.

I also made a massaged kale salad with spinach, carrot, pepper, celery, garbanzo beans, grapes, pomegranate seeds, avocado, and cashew. The dressing was made with lemon, oil, poppy-seeds, agave, and mustard. I was pleasantly surprised with how good it turned out.

Today we are at home cooking and preparing for the week and watching some olympics online. On our ageda this week for meals is pumpkin enchiladas, parmesan eggplant rolls, potato nachos, and a special Valentines meal! Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment