Saturday, September 14, 2013

Taylor and I have been trying to cut out the amount of sugar we eat because both of us want a sweet treat EVERY night after dinner. This week has went well. I still want a treat but have opted to eat apples and peanut butter, cereal, homemade quick bread or something similar instead of ice cream and chocolate!

We did reward ourselves though and both got a piece of cake from Gourmandise on Thursday. If anyone lives in SLC you should give it a try!

On to the other meals we have eaten this week. We tried Bobs Red Mill 10 grain cereal mixed in with regular oatmeal. It was good! We also made some steel cut oats with almond milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, and a peach. It was good. I am not a big fan of mushy oatmeal so I really enjoy steel cut oats.

We have been so busy with both of us working and Taylor going to school so I have been trying to find healthy but quick options for dinner. We made a Butternut squash Skillet for dinner. Sorry there are no pictures. I got off of work at 7 and had somewhere to go so Taylor brought me dinner and I ate it in the car but trust me it was delicious! I got the recipe from http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/01/butternut-squash-and-black-bean-enchilada-skillet/

I adapted the recipe a bit to use some extra vegetables we had on hand. We added corn, cilantro, zucchini, and some swiss chard, and.....

We also made our own enchilada sauce. I had never made it before and I couldn't believe how easy it was! We already had everything on had and it doesn't have all of the sodium that other canned goods do. I was delicious.

On the agenda for today is running to farmers market...and then walking home because I lost my bus pass. So sad! Then I am going to get help with my essays for PT school. The deadline is October 1st. EEEKKK Then going to church tonight. We love the Rock. It is an awesome church especially if you love good live music. Other than that hopefully we will relax because I have to work tomorrow.

Hopefully everyone else has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment