Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 1

Created a blog! Woo. After reading blogs for quite awhile now I thought it was time for me to start my own. I get inspiration and recipes/workouts all of the time from other personal blogs. People ask Taylor and I all of the time what we eat and what workouts we do. I wanted to start this blog to let others see "what we do." It is hard to tell others about it and much easier to show it, so hopefully this blog will be inspiration to those looking to lead healthier lives.

We mostly cook all of our meals at home and from scratch. I love cooking meals from scratch and have recently made things like ketchup, enchilada sauce, chutney, tator tots, etc etc. It is fun to see what you can make at home that you always thought you could only buy from the grocery store. I usually don't make up my own recipes but I often find them online and then adapt them according to what we like and have on hand. I will be posting links to recipes that we have tried and that I think are worthy for others to make.

As for workouts we usually run 2-3 times a week and go to the gym 3 times a week. I will be posting some workouts that I think rock and that other people should do too!

Leading a healthier lifestyle is a long process and I think the easiest way to achieve that is by taking little steps instead of trying to do too much at once. That is how we slowly changed our diet and in the last 5 years our diets have changed a ton! We feel much better about ourselves and have much more energy by eating less processed foods and eating more fruits and vegetables. Of course I still LOVE sweets...especially ice cream but I have been working on consuming those less.

No comments:

Post a Comment